The CTE website contains a wide range of resources to help churches work together at the national, county and local levels.
You’ll find the latest resources and guidance in our Working Together section.
You can also access a range of resources from across the years in our library below:
Re-imagining Churches Together groups
A short resource to help local groups to re-focus and find new life. It is written by CEOs and includes practical examples.
A Flexible Framework for Local Unity in Mission
An easy-to-use framework which helps local churches to collaborate with confidence and flexibility – guiding them step-by-step to develop the right agreement for their venture.
Receptive ecumenism is essentially very simple. Instead of asking what other Church traditions need to learn from us, we ask what our tradition needs to learn from them.
All across England, churches are working together in mission in surprising, creative and collaborative ways – sharing the love of God with their communities.
Sharing a Common Life
The real challenge of unity is to share a common life; that is, to do together whatever we do not need to do apart.
Lead Church model
In a wide variety of different contexts, the ‘Lead Church model’ can be helpful. Find out more…
A Review of Intermediate Ecumenical Life in England
This valuable document from 2011 reflects on all aspects of the life of an Intermediate Body and can be used easily for reflection or review of the vitality of Intermediate Bodies.
What is this place?
A set of six Bible Studies exploring the issue of violence against women, produced in 2004.
This Growing Unity
This Growing Unity was a handbook on ecumenical development in the counties, large cities and new towns of England, published in 1995.
Telling the Story – the origin and development of LEPs
Reissued by the Council for Christian Unity in 2020
Churches Together in South Yorkshire: Local ecumenical activity survey 2016-17
Research undertaken in Yorkshire, into local formal and informal ecumenical activity
Travelling Together – handbook for LEPs
Reprinted in 2004
Called To Be One
This book was written as a resource for the Called To Be One process, through which the member churches of CTE agreed to discuss with one another the nature of the visible unity of the church. Originally published in Spring 1996.
A Harmony of Church Finance
The book covers all aspects of finance in Local Ecumenical Partnerships. Second edition 2005.
A library of resources for working together locally
- doc Gifts from the treasure trove another excellent leaflet for local sharing
- pdf Guidelines for administering Communion and disposing of Eucharistic elements
- rtf Guidelines for administering Communion and disposing of Eucharistic elements
- pdf Including Disabled People – Are your events accessible
- rtf Including Disabled People – Are your events accessible
- pdf Marriage Preparation
- rtf Marriage Preparation
- pdf Marriage Preparation – Carefully_Prepared
- doc Our Ecumenical Calling Methodist vision statement
- doc Together Instead of Separately creating an Ecumenical Vision Statement
- pdf Together Locally – A Handbook for Local Churches Seeking to Work Together – 1998, 2002
- pdf Towards a Vision for local ecumenical living
- rtf Towards a Vision for local ecumenical living
- pdf Who can receive communion with us – 2020
- pdf Worship at Ecumenical Occasions
- rtf Worship at Ecumenical Occasions
- pdf Worshipping Together preparing an ecumenical service
- rtf Worshipping Together preparing an ecumenical service
Historic publications by CTE and our coordinating groups
- pdf CTE Quotes Words and Dates 2005
- pdf An Ecumenical Guide for Marriage Preparation 1998
- pdf The next steps for Churches Together in pilgrimage ('The Marigold Book') 1989
- pdf Set all free, act to end slavery – Setting the scene for 2007
- pdf Moving Together A Review of the Ecumenical Journey in England (1997-2007)
- pdf What is this Place – bible studies around violence against women 2004
- pdf Linking Churches and Schools 2003