Our Trustees are drawn from across CTE’s Member Churches and oversee legal and governance issues, including the submission of CTE’s Annual Reports and Accounts to the Charity Commission. Trustees also monitor our strategic plan and uphold the values and reputation of the organisation. CTE’s Articles of Association govern its Trustees, and CTE’s General Secretary Bishop Mike Royal also attends Trustee meetings.
Trustees are appointed by the AGM for a term of three years (renewable). The AGM takes place during the autumn meeting of CTE’s Enabling Group. The date in italics below indicates when each Trustee’s current term of office began.
(Please scroll down to read more about each of our Trustees)
Chair: Rowena Loverance (Religious Society of Friends) autumn 2018
Vice-Chair: Rev Dr Lurliene Miller (Joint Council of Churches for All Nations) autumn 2020
Honorary Treasurer: Mr James Laing (Church of England) autumn 2018
Company Secretary: Rev David Lavender (Methodist Church) autumn 2019
- Mrs Amanda Allchorn (Baptist Union of Great Britain) autumn 2018
- Rt Rev Michael Beasley (Church of England) autumn 2018
- Rt Rev Paul Hendricks (Catholic Bishops’ Conference of England & Wales) autumn 2018
- Mrs Doral Hayes (Church of England) autumn 2019
- Bishop Moses Owusu-Sekyere (Apostolic Pastoral Congress) autumn 2019
- Rev Stephen Fowler (Elim Pentecostal Church) autumn 2020
- Dr Elizabeth Joy (Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church) autumn 2020
- Rev Dr Callan Slipper (Church of England) autumn 2020
- Maddy Thomson (Pioneer) autumn 2020
- Archimandrite Nephon Tsimalis (Oecumenical Patriarchate) autumn 2020
- Victoria Turner (United Reformed Church) autumn 2020
The appointment and retirement of Trustees: Article 30: At each annual general meeting one third of the Trustees shall retire from office by rotation or, if their number is not three or a multiple of three, the number nearest to one third shall retire from office; but, if there is only one Trustee who is subject to retirement by rotation, he shall retire.