This page links you with content across our site which will be useful to groups of churches looking to run ventures together locally:
Our Mission section includes:
- A range of different topics:
- access resources and stories for different types of activities – from food to sport to chaplaincy to evangelism to prayer
- Social action examples – including homelessness, food poverty, prisons and debt support
- For different groups or contexts – including children and families, young people and older people
- For different contexts – including rural, new housing, mental health and the local level
- Justice issues – including the environment and racial justice
- Learn more about mission – including the five marks of mission, which describe the various ways in which Christians can share God’s love in our communities
Local church unity
Our local section includes:
- A Flexible Framework for Local Unity in Mission – an easy-to-use framework which helps local churches to collaborate with confidence and flexibility – guiding you step by step to develop the right agreement for your venture.
- Stories of how churches are working together locally, including through prayer, fellowship, social action and mission
- Re-imagining Churches Together groups resource – in this short resource you’ll find three brief stories of what other local groups are doing in their communities, alongside questions that local groups might find helpful to consider together.
- Useful information – helpful info pages on practicalities such as insurance, safeguarding, sharing church buildings and local written agreements/constitutions
- How to get started locally – top tips if you want to start gathering churches together in your area
In our Ecumenism Explained section you can find out more about how, as different church traditions, we can learn and receive from one another (receptive ecumenism) – including small group resource materials.