The United Reformed Church Mission Team is hosting this ecumenical theological consultation in partnership with the Oxford Centre for Religion and Culture and the Fundación Protestante Hora de Obrar (Argentina).
The event will be in person from two centres, in Oxford and Cambridge, and online, with a very broad variety of contributors from a variety of churches from around the world.
One of the event organisers, URC Mission Support Officer, Lindsey Brown, said “We’re excited to bring together such a variety of global contributors to this hybrid event. Each speaker will present the highlights of a paper, and then there will be a moderated discussion between them and the attendees. While the starting point is theological, the takeaways are intended to be practical action for the church.”
The Director of the Oxford Centre for Religion and Culture, Professor Anthony Reddie, will deliver the keynote address. Other contributors include:
- Victoria Turner CTE Trustee, Researcher, tutor, CWM scholar
- Bob Kikuyu Global Theology Advisor, Christian Aid
- Simeon Mitchell Secretary for Church and Society, URC; Team Leader, JPIT
- Israel Olofinjana Founding Director, Centre for Missionaries from the Majority World
- Nicolás Rosenthal Director, Fundación Protestante Hora de Obrar
- Kate Chesterman Activist, Christian Climate Action
- Graham Adams Tutor in Mission Studies, World Christianity and Religious Diversity at Northern College
There are 3 sessions:
- Sunday 4 Jun pm
- Monday 5 Jun all-day
- Tuesday 6 Jun am