As Churches Together in England, we continue to offer our prayers for the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, along with Christians all over our nation and our world.
Light a candle of hope: A national call to prayer
In the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, Christians are encouraged to join together each Sunday evening, praying Prayers of Hope in their homes at 7.00 pm. CTE Presidents and Trustees have released video messages encouraging you to take part.
Prayer resources from Member Churches
- Prayer and Reflections from the Baptist Union of Great Britain.
- Prayer resources from the Liturgy Office of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference.
- Liturgy and Prayer Resources from the Church of England.
- The Salvation Army are encouraging us to pray at noon every day for all the people around the world impacted by the coronavirus.
- Premier Radio is hosting a weekly Prayers of Hope service at 7.00 pm on Sundays, tying in with CTE’s Prayers of Hope call to prayer.
- The Baptist Union of Great Britain have been hosting a time of prayer online every Wednesday and Sunday evening at 7.00 pm.
Further prayer resources
- Coronavirus Prayer resources from 24-7 Prayer.
- A range of prayer resources from Thy Kingdom Come.
- A prayer resource from the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church (one of CTE’s national Member Churches).
A prayer for those affected by coronavirus
This prayer from Churches Together in England is also available as a PDF document.
God, our rock and shield, we pray for our land, and all nations and places in our world, as many endure the effects of the illness Covid-19 and the Coronavirus pandemic.
For those who are ill, grant healing;
for those who mourn the death of loved ones, bring comfort;
for those who care for the sick, grant strength and endurance;
for those who are isolated or whose livelihoods are threatened, give courage and hope;
for all who take difficult decisions, from governments to health practitioners, give wisdom and compassion to accompany the knowledge and experience that they bring.
Deliver us from this disease, we pray, and enable all nations and communities to grow in collaboration and unity as we face this challenge together.
Grant a legacy of enduring common purpose in facing all that threatens our global common good.
We pray in Jesus’ name, in the unity of the Spirit, Amen.