The Christian Youth Work Consortium brings together denominations, Christian youth agencies and training providers. It gives a voice to Christian youth work on regional and national bodies and provides information about youth work training in the UK.
Its aims are to:
- affirm, encourage and equip the Christian sector in its work with young people
- provide an opportunity to debate and discuss key issues in youth work, youth policy and youth ministry
- be an inclusive network for leaders in Christian youth work/youth ministry agencies, training providers and denominational youth departments
- represent the Christian youth work constituency on various national and UK bodies and at key events, disseminate information, consult widely to agree common ground, and advocate on behalf of the sector.
- The consortium hosts a research community – a recent piece of work The ‘secular culture’ of youth work training was undertaken by Youth Scape. Other work from the research community will be highlighted in time. Youth Scape also publish The Story: Statistics, Trends and Research in Youth work on a regular basis.
The National Youth Ministry weekend is scheduled for 18th-20th November 2022. Details about the event can be found here.
A monthly news round up is provided by David Howell who leads the initiative – recent news can be found below
For more information, please contact David Howell or sign up to be a subscriber to the news here. David has also undertaken Longitudinal research into student numbers on higher education programmes in Christian youth work from 2011-2021. The research is available below.