During these unprecedented times, many churches and Churches Together groups are developing their social media presence – making the most of the opportunity we’ve been given to creatively share the good news of Jesus beyond the four walls of our buildings.
Here we’ve collated a range of guidelines and resources to help you on this social media journey:
Resources from CTE Member Churches
Church of England:
- Church of England Digital Labs – a hub of resources, news and events to support digital evangelism and digital discipleship in the Church of England.
- Diocese of York social media guidance
- ‘Our social media community guidelines’
- Guide to using social media to engage and communicate with young people within the church – a new safeguarding guideline
Toolkit from Christian Publishing & Outreach (CPO)
- CPO’s online toolkit at www.cpodigital.org/toolkit – including content on:
- Social media church guidelines
- Tools for creating social media graphics
- Free images for websites
- Online church comms communities
Covid-19: Digital tools for church
- More than 150 online resources collated at covid.churcheshandbook.co.uk – a crowdsourced index of useful digital communication tools for church leaders, communications teams and church staff to refer to during the coronavirus outbreak.
Churches Together in Devon digital and social media policy
- An example of a digital and social media policy, from the county group Churches Together in Devon