Churches involved in anti-poverty work are warmly invited to an event in Leeds on 10 June, led by the real experts – people with experience of poverty.
Speakers will include members of Poverty Truth Commissions, and other campaigners who’ve achieved real change by speaking truth to power about their personal experiences of poverty. It’s a great opportunity to learn how our projects and organisations can be genuinely led by people affected by the issues.
Join the event to…
- find out what dignity means for people struggling against poverty
- explore what it means to put dignity into practice
- take part in panel discussions, workshops and networking
- build new relationships
- listen and learn from each other
- plan how we can take action together for positive change
An invitation for…
- campaigners rooted in their communities who have lived experience of poverty
- anyone involved in local projects (food banks, warm hubs, etc) who want to ensure they offer genuine dignity
- anyone working to reclaim dignity, agency and power
Photo credit: Your Local Pantry in Peckham, Church Action on Poverty.